i199
2008-03-22 Preparing to recycle a mould.
i200
2008-04-26 The stem cap will be laminated from strips. To bend the strips they are first softened in steam.
i201
2008-04-26 Strips will get their shape by clamping against the mould.
i202
2008-04-26 After a while they keep bent.
i203
2008-04-27 And now the strips are glued with epoxy and fastened on the mould. The chipboard is isolated with PVC-tape from the glue.
i204
2008-05-01 About first of May pine seems turn into mahogany. Or epoxy gets a UV-protective layer of varnish.
i205
2008-05-10 Inner gunwales are fastened.
i206
2008-05-30 First time out in the fres air. The hull will be washed with washing liquid to get rid of the amins on the surface.
i207
2008-06-01 First treatment with scotchbrite.
i208
2008-06-01 The skipper has been caught while trying to hide his obsession.
i209
2008-06-07 Sanded and washed with acetone.
i210
2008-06-08 Filled with two-component epoxy putty. I am happy that I did not try to mix a putty by my self from laminating epoxy and some fillers.
i211
2008-06-28 The stem cap is glued and waiting for finishing.
i212
2008-06-28 For the steering wheel. The knobs where cleaned from old varnish and then drowned in linseed oil, dried and painted with a first layer of new varnish.
i213
2008-06-28 Sanded and laid more putty to hide the earlier mistakes.
i214
2008-07-12 The exhaust outlet must still wait for mounting.
i215
2008-07-16 It is amazing how accurate algorithms Google ads use to analyze the content of images. Actually this is a joke which I won't explain in english.

The picture is part of a screenshot I took while looking at a picture blog from an other Wickström and old school boating fan. More...
i216
2008-07-19 One of those accidents. This happened while carrying the hull inside after sanding.
i217
2008-07-19 Sanded and washed waiting for paint.
i218
2008-07-19 Hiding the transom.
i219
2008-07-19 First half. I have paint for six layers.
i220
2008-07-19 The second layer was painted later the same day. Paint is a two component epoxy primer.
i221
2008-07-20 Next morning.
i222
2008-07-20 I sanded drips and filled some dents.
i223
2008-07-28 Rudder, first try.
i224
2008-07-29
i225
2008-07-30 Hull is painted with primer for seven times .
i226
2008-08-06 Five layers of paint and two sandings later. I got a lower back pain as a partner so the painting job has not been very comfortable for last two rounds.

The hull is turned so that the transom is towards the door. This makes it later possible to work with the propeller shaft.
i227
2008-08-08 Disposable mugs are handy for measuring while mixing paint and hardener. The paint is sturdy stuff.
i228
2008-08-08 This satisfies my expectations.
i229
2008-08-15
i230
2008-08-16
i231
2008-08-16 Bolts are wrapped with tape preventing the internal thread to be filled with epoxy.
i232
2008-08-17 A craftsman in metal work and an amateur in wood work have different tolerances. In this case we do some minor modifications in the rudder to get some slackness in the joints.
i233
2008-08-17 The rudder shaft is too short.
i234
2008-08-23
i235
2008-08-23
i236
2008-08-24 Steering quadrant will be made from plywood.
i237
2008-08-24
i238
2008-08-24
i239
2008-08-24
i240
2008-08-24
i243
2008-09-07 First steps are taken to finish the deck.
i244
2008-09-07 The hull is turned once again and the shed is cleaned for this season.
i241
2008-09-07 The rudder shaft is now long enough.
i242
2008-09-07 The quadrant is glued, drilled and varnished.
i245
2008-09-20
i246
2008-09-21
i247
2008-09-21
i248
2008-09-27
i249
2008-09-27
i250
2008-09-28
i251
2008-09-28
i252
2008-10-04
i253
2008-10-04
i254
2008-10-05 More...
i255
2008-10-19 I wanted to see how the prop saft fits in the boat at this stage.
i256
2008-10-19 It feels good to end the season 2008 in this picture. I guess I managed to do all the work that I had planned to do this year.
Go to top