i121
2007-01-29 I hope to find a 'new' oil pressure gauge to replace this broken one.
i120
2007-01-29 There is something charming in old brass. This is the feed water pump.
i123
2007-03-03 While spending a few days holiday at the cottage I could not resist trying to turn the hull without helping hands from a bunch of friends.

One load fastener in both ends and up.
i124
2007-03-03 The jig was too heavy and well glued to pull out so I had to tear it down in situ.

Before turning the hull i set out one more fastener in the mddle.
i125
2007-03-03 The inner hull looks better and wider than expected. The construction hold out the turn and I think it even stood for a while on the gunwale.

Some winter sports gear can be seen in the background.
i122
2007-03-03 On the block top you can see if the engine is constructed to be driven on kerosene or gasoline.
i126
2007-03-03 The workshop is again somewhat poky.
i127
2007-04-01 A scraper was handy to remove the biggest drips.
i128
2007-04-06 In the marked areas there are some narrow openings between the ribs.
i129
2007-04-06 They don't seem to be too wide for filling with epoxy.
i130
2007-04-06 Two years and six days old.
i131
2007-05-20 Strip for frames drying and waiting for mounting.
i132
2007-05-20 The big mistake is filled with a mix of saw dust and epoxy.
i133
2007-06-06 Working on the concave surface with a lighter weave (160 gram/square meter) seemed to be much harder than with the outer side. I tried various methods to lay the fiber on the inside but I was not very pleased with the results.
i134
2007-06-06
i135
2007-06-07 ... and then I run out of epoxy.
i136
2007-06-30 Finally covered with epoxy and grinded.

My new random orbital sander - from last august - gave out some blue smoke. As You know it is that stuff which keep all electric equipment in working order. So i had to get an other one and this time that little peace of paper called certificate of guarantee is put in a secure place.
i137
2007-06-30 I sawed 3,5 x 27 mm strips of pine for the frames and each frame will have four strips.

I pressed the first one against the hull but used a stapler on the rest.

Moulds
i138
2007-07-01 Frames in different phases.
i139
2007-07-09 The frames are glued.
i140
2007-07-10 A hole for the propeller shaft and one more mistake.
i141
2007-07-10 This stuff is great for lighting fire in the sauna.
i142
2007-07-18 The upper half of the skeg is glued and secured with two bolts. The holes are filled with epoxy.
i143
2007-08-09 Some repainted engine parts.
i144
2007-08-09
i145
2007-08-15 The stern tube is casted in epoxy.
i146
2007-08-15 This carb was in a boat fire and I am working with the soot.
i147
2007-08-15 The two parts are now glued together.
i148
2007-08-16 ... and finished.
i149
2007-08-16
i150
2007-08-16
i151
2007-08-17
i152
2007-08-18
i153
2007-08-19
i154
2007-08-19
i155
2007-08-19
i156
2007-08-19
i157
2007-08-19 All engine parts are painted three times.
i158
2007-08-25 One of the old piston rings is broken.
i159
2007-08-25 There were not too many packings when I picked the engine in peaces. I try to find a place for all the new ones.
i160
2007-08-25
i161
2007-08-25 The sterntube could have been some what longer. I had to cut the gland a little before screwing it to the tube.
i162
2007-09-01 New piston rings from a tractor parts seller.
i163
2007-09-01
i164
2007-09-01
i165
2007-09-02
i166
2007-09-02
i167
2007-09-02
i170
2007-09-05 More...
i171
2007-09-08
i172
2007-09-08
i173
2007-09-09
i174
2007-09-10
i177
2007-09-10
i178
2007-09-19
i179
i180
2007-09-20
i181
2007-09-20
i182
2007-09-20
i183
2007-09-20
i188
2007-09-20 Ants are trying to move in.
i186
2007-09-20
i187
2007-09-20
i189
2007-09-20
i190
2007-09-20
i191
2007-09-20
i184
2007-09-21
i185
2007-09-21
i192
2007-10-04
i193
2007-10-07
i194
2007-10-07
i195
2007-10-07
i196
2007-10-07
i197
2007-10-07
i198
2007-11-16 Found a "new" steering wheel. To be seen if it will be along till the end.
Go to top