i200
2008-04-26 The stem cap will be laminated from strips. To bend the strips they are first softened in steam.
i201
2008-04-26 Strips will get their shape by clamping against the mould.
i202
2008-04-26 After a while they keep bent.
i203
2008-04-27 And now the strips are glued with epoxy and fastened on the mould. The chipboard is isolated with PVC-tape from the glue.
i206
2008-05-30 First time out in the fres air. The hull will be washed with washing liquid to get rid of the amins on the surface.
i207
2008-06-01 First treatment with scotchbrite.
i209
2008-06-07 Sanded and washed with acetone.
i210
2008-06-08 Filled with two-component epoxy putty. I am happy that I did not try to mix a putty by my self from laminating epoxy and some fillers.
i211
2008-06-28 The stem cap is glued and waiting for finishing.
i213
2008-06-28 Sanded and laid more putty to hide the earlier mistakes.
i216
2008-07-19 One of those accidents. This happened while carrying the hull inside after sanding.
i217
2008-07-19 Sanded and washed waiting for paint.
i219
2008-07-19 First half. I have paint for six layers.
i220
2008-07-19 The second layer was painted later the same day. Paint is a two component epoxy primer.
i221
2008-07-20 Next morning.
i222
2008-07-20 I sanded drips and filled some dents.
i225
2008-07-30 Hull is painted with primer for seven times .
i226
2008-08-06 Five layers of paint and two sandings later. I got a lower back pain as a partner so the painting job has not been very comfortable for last two rounds.

The hull is turned so that the transom is towards the door. This makes it later possible to work with the propeller shaft.
i228
2008-08-08 This satisfies my expectations.
Go to top