i123
2007-03-03 While spending a few days holiday at the cottage I could not resist trying to turn the hull without helping hands from a bunch of friends.

One load fastener in both ends and up.
i124
2007-03-03 The jig was too heavy and well glued to pull out so I had to tear it down in situ.

Before turning the hull i set out one more fastener in the mddle.
i125
2007-03-03 The inner hull looks better and wider than expected. The construction hold out the turn and I think it even stood for a while on the gunwale.

Some winter sports gear can be seen in the background.
i126
2007-03-03 The workshop is again somewhat poky.
i127
2007-04-01 A scraper was handy to remove the biggest drips.
i128
2007-04-06 In the marked areas there are some narrow openings between the ribs.
i129
2007-04-06 They don't seem to be too wide for filling with epoxy.
i131
2007-05-20 Strip for frames drying and waiting for mounting.
i132
2007-05-20 The big mistake is filled with a mix of saw dust and epoxy.
i133
2007-06-06 Working on the concave surface with a lighter weave (160 gram/square meter) seemed to be much harder than with the outer side. I tried various methods to lay the fiber on the inside but I was not very pleased with the results.
i134
2007-06-06
i135
2007-06-07 ... and then I run out of epoxy.
i136
2007-06-30 Finally covered with epoxy and grinded.

My new random orbital sander - from last august - gave out some blue smoke. As You know it is that stuff which keep all electric equipment in working order. So i had to get an other one and this time that little peace of paper called certificate of guarantee is put in a secure place.
i137
2007-06-30 I sawed 3,5 x 27 mm strips of pine for the frames and each frame will have four strips.

I pressed the first one against the hull but used a stapler on the rest.

Moulds
i138
2007-07-01 Frames in different phases.
i139
2007-07-09 The frames are glued.
i196
2007-10-07
Go to top