i8
2005-07-21 First cut. There was no time for bulldozing free space as I was in hurry to get the boat finished.
i14
2005-08-07 I calculated the consumption of chipboards by sketching the moulds on a peace of paper .
i12
2005-08-07 Measuring the moulds on 18 mms chipboard.
i13
2005-08-07 Listings from the spreadsheet with new coordinates where the baseline is at the edge of a board.
i15
2005-08-08 Cutting the moulds was far too easy after the tough measuring.
i16
2005-09-03 Mould supports are secured with glue and 8 mms bolts. I drilled more than 4 meters of hole for the bolts.
i17
2005-09-16 I didn't pay too much attention on the strongback because in my opinion the moulds must anyway be measured in relation to each other instead of the workshop floor.
i19
2005-09-16 A thread is strained perpendicularly across the horizontal mould supports to mark the centerline. By using supports I beliewe that fixing the moulds in their right position will be easier.
i20
2005-09-16 Somewhat easy to lay the moulds in their positions...
i21
2005-09-16 Looks like a boat.
i22
2005-09-23 Notice the old bird house on the wal. It needs some fixing before next spring.
i23
2005-09-23 The moulds are glued and screwed with crossbars to each others. The jig feels quit firm.
i24
2005-09-24 The first season has come to its end and the cleaning job is also done.
i33
2006-04-10 The moulds needed some shaping and still needs after this coarse grinding.
i31
2006-04-11 The result was mainly sawdust on the floor.
i34
2006-04-18 The brackets could have been attached on the other side though it was a minor inconvenience to carve them.
i35
2006-05-01 I tried to fasten the inner stem before bevelling it, but the result was not satisfactory. It is easier to first saw to the center line and fix the piece in right position afterwards.
i38
2006-05-25 The transom is built from plywood and teak.
i39
2006-05-28 A digital weighing machine for kitchen use is a practilal aid for measuring the ratio of epoxy resin and hardener.

Every one can notice that the picture and this text has nothing to do with each others.
i40
2006-05-28 Messing around with the transom continues...
i44
2006-06-30 The transom is now in the correct position. Finishing has to be done later.
i45
2006-06-30 The inner stem will be fitted here - yes, I am not a carpenter.
i46
2006-06-30 The hog is laminated from two planks.
i47
2006-07-01 The jig is almost finished.
i48
2006-07-02 Beveling the transom was not that hard. The frames should have been some wider but that gap can be filled with epoxy and sawdust.
Go to top